Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Repurposed Tin Cans

I would be very surprised if there is anyone out there who does not have a tin can in the pantry or the trash.  It is time to repurpose those cans.  I am posting three examples of repurposed tin cans for inspiration.  Although the sources are listed, there are no tutorials for these.  I believe that everyone can figure out how to do the remakes.  Put on your thinking caps, use your imagination and go for it.

Take a look.

                                                  source: Real Simple
Simple to make:  cut the ends off the can


                                                source: Sweet Paul Magazine
I believe that this tiered plant stand involves cleaning the three different size cans, sanding them a bit, painting, drilling holes in the top two cans, securing dowel to bottom can, threading dowel through other two cans and securing with washers at desired height.
 


                                                   source: Mariposa Avenue
Making this shade should be easy.  Clean the can.  Determine what pattern you will use on paper.  Put a block of wood that fits snuggly inside the can.  Tape the pattern to the can and, using a pick and hammer or drill, make the holes.  Paint the can.  Voila!
 
 
 
I had drafted this post last night.  This morning I read some blogs that I follow before posting.  A great coincidence is that Daniella from "Frugal Ain't Cheap" posted about making a "pretty can".  Great minds think alike!!  Drop by Daniella's here for a look-see.
 
 
Meanwhile .... keep it simple and make it real.
 
Jeanne



4 comments:

  1. I like the scone cutter. I think I'll make one as my scone cutter is broken.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum, making one is better than buying one. By the way, I love scones but always buy them. I have never tried making them - I would end up eating them all.

      Delete
  2. you know I LOVE can projects!!! the lamp is just too awesome...even if the metal would probably get warm/hot when the light is on. still looks really neat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do know!! I suppose one could use a low wattage bulb in the lamp and use it as a night light. I didn't think of the amount of heat.

      Delete