Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Makeover Magic Update

Before I get to the body of the post, I would like to apologize to you because the posts are not being published on the same day I submit them.  This must be confusing when I am posting Trivia on Tuesday and it is published on Wednesday.

Also, it does not seem that all comments are getting through.  If there is no response from me it is because I am not seeing them.  My stats say they are there but I cannot get them.   Please do not stop commenting.  I love them all.  Without them I can't make the blog pertinent to my readers. 

These problems are being looked into.  Patience....

So - for the makeover.  Remember this...?

 
 
Now it is this.....
 

 
 
This was painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Primer Red and Arles.   When we bought the piece at a yard sale it was pretty beat up and the seat was covered with virtually no padding and a yucky piece of oilcloth.
 
After we cleaned it, sanded it, painted and distressed it, we added a foam cushion and used a heavy, fabric shower curtain purchased at Goodwill for $3. 
 
I love this and would keep it but we do this work for some extra pocket change so it will be for sale.  Hope you like it.
 
 
Keep it simple, folks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment