Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

BOSTON




I grew up  in Boston.  It is my hometown.  I am so saddened by the bombings.  More senseless injuries and death.  More fear and frustration.  More anger and hurt.

These bombings were not attacks on just the people of Boston; they were attacks on the foundation of the United States and the world.  Everyone is affected by acts of terrorism, no matter where they live - how far they are removed from anyone injured or killed.  The person or persons responsible for acts of terrorism do so as acts against every human being.  These acts diminish the humanity in all of us.  It diminishes trust in the person standing next to us in an elevator, a movie theater line, a music concert.  We become haunted by what may happen at the hands of another human being whose agenda is warped, filled with hate and misguided beliefs. 

Everyone must focus on living their lives normally while all the while knowing that safety is always an issue.  I feel pain and deep sorrow for the victims and their families.  I feel more pain for the world as it is.


Please, keep it simple and make it real.

Jeanne

 

3 comments:

  1. I find it so sad that anyone could even contemplate this awful act. My heart goes out to all those affected by this dreadful attack.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, I agree with Mum dreadful dreadful acts. I am praying for all those effected. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum and Donna - despite the horror of the bombings we must not give in to these warped deviants. We must keep our lives going.

      Delete