Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Simple and Meaningful

“A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think.”    Eleanor Roosevelt

 

The road to my living a simpler life has been long and heavy with stress, anxiety, dissatisfaction and, finally, relief.

Webster’s Dictionary defines stress as “mental pressure” that affects one physically. I could not agree more. Living with stress had been the most life defining aspect of my existence. The constant nagging pain between my neck and head were all I could feel. Unhappy marriages bad jobs, feelings of insecurity, no self-confidence were all characters in my life-drama. There is no need for my being any more specific (how boring). Suffice it to say that I dealt with the same things as do many others but in a way that was destructive. Counseling took me from the drama and put me in a situation comedy. Yes, I laughed. A lot.

All of this is a preamble to the important point of keeping it simple. I realized that I did not have to have or do as others. Having the enormous reality check of losing our retirement money in the stock market really brought us to simple living but we realized that the lifestyle was so freeing (is that a word?). CH and I worked toward adjusting our budget to be able to live debt-free and eliminate the stress that comes with having much less money to deal with.

By sitting back and taking stock of one’s lifestyle, one can eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the truly important facets of life. Remove the clutter (unnecessary stuff) from one’s home and mind and the opportunities of living a great life are endless. Prioritizing problems and taking action before they become disasters are the best stress killers. Regain the control of your life from the miscellaneous junk that surrounds you “and the livin’ is easy”.


ta la iontach

No comments:

Post a Comment