Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Measure Equivalents

I believe in reference material that is within one's immediate reach.  I do not have a computer in my kitchen and I never will so using the internet for references in cooking is not a quick solution.  Therefore, I have this list tacked to the inside of a cabinet door ready for quick and easy reference.

To make it even easier, I have it in large print.  My glassses are never where I need them at any particular moment.

I hope the list is useful.  Enjoy       

....for Good Measure



a pinch = 1/8 teaspoon or less
3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
4 tablespoons = ¼ cup
8 tablespoons = ½ cup
12 tablespoons = ¾ cup
16 tablespoons = 1 cup
2 cups = 1 pint
4 cups = 1 quart
4 quarts = 1 gallon
8 quarts = 1 peck
4 pecks = 1 bushel
16 ounces = 1 pound
32 ounces = 1 quart
1 oz liquid = 2 tablespoons
8 oz liquid = 1 cup
1 medium apple = 1 cup
1 mashed banana = 1/3 cup
1 slice bread = ¼ cup crumbs
1 chocolate square = 1 ounce
14 graham cracker squares = 1 cup
1 medium lemon = 3 tbl juice
1 medium onion = ½ cup
1 cup rice = 3 cups cooked
1 lb brown sugar = 2 ½ cups
22 vanilla wafers = 1 cup crumbs


ta la iontach


No comments:

Post a Comment