Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Not So Good

I started a class in Colored Pencil Painting a couple of weeks ago.  I signed up for the class to learn something new and perhaps develop more insight in color blending and creating.  These things would hopefully help in furniture painting.

The first two classes have been working in black - different shades.  The class has been shading.  I am not getting it.  I spent eight hours shading a leaf and it looks like a dirty puddle.  The touch of the pencil is so important to achieving the desired shade.  My touch is heavy.  It is heavy even when I am barely touching the paper.  This is so frustrating!!!!  

I am taking a break now and will do some more tomorrow morning.  

Be well.

Meanwhile ... keep it simple and make it real.

Jeanne   

1 comment:

  1. I am sure it looks great. When I took art classes, one of my teachers always said that art is art, and it has it's own beauty.

    ReplyDelete