Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bucket List

 
 
 
Having a bucket list is like having a to-do list but the items are all good things - not chores.  Top on my bucket list for many years was to skydive.  Four years ago I did it (at age 62).  I will share photos of this dive in the hope that you can feel some of the thrill of the experience (and none of the nausea) and be inspired to try something daredevil once in your life.
 
 
 
Here I am in the plane before take off.  Ugh!  My hair was so short and I look like a stuffed sausage in the flight suit and straps.
 
 
This photo was taken from the door of the plane looking down 14,000 ft.  Yes, I jumped from 14,000 ft.!
 
This shot was taken as we jumped from the plane. We did a somersault coming out of the plane that I was not prepared for. Automatic nausea. I must explain that I was strapped to a 30 yr old hunk of a guy!  That hadn't happened in a very long time.
 
Here we are free falling at 120 mph.  I look even worse that usual because the air was blowing my hair straight up and making my cheeks flap.  The experience was incredible!  Fly like a bird.  Whee!
 
This is approaching the tiny little spot where we were to land.
 
The parachute is now open and it is calm and peaceful.
 
The landing!  Not bad at all, except for the nausea.
 
 
It was a great experience and I am very, very glad that I did it.  Next, I want to dance in the Rainbow Room in NYC.
 
 
Are you inspired?  I hope so.
 
 
Meanwhile .... keep it simple and make it real.
 
Jeanne

1 comment: