Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Household Tips

Yesterday was a blur to me.  I felt like all over crap and I could not stay awake.  I feel fine this morning and I must have received all the sleep I needed because I have been awake since 4:30 a.m.

********
 
 
The first tip of the day is how to squeeze absolutely every bit of toothpase out of the tube.  According to "Consumer Reports" there is still up to 13% of product left in a tube that seems empty.  I want that 13%!!!
 
 
Here is how to get it all out.  "Run the tube under hot water for a minute or two.  It will soften, enabling you to roll it up tighter to get a few more brushfuls.  Then use scissors to cut one side of the tube open lengthwise so you can rub your brush around inside."  Joe Kita, Consumer Reports.
 
 
********
 
 
The pic really doesn't need any explanation.  Some people have kitchens with holes cut our of the countertops and a trash bucket underneath.  I don't, so this idea of jamming a bucket in the drawer is fantastic!  Keeps down the mess, the potential bacteria and the cleaning.  I love it!!  The source is solutions.com
 
********
 
 
The weather people are predicting a blizzard for the Northeast over the weekend - similar to the one in 1978.  For those of you who were alive then, you will remember that it knocked out power and everything else for at least a week.  What is bothering me now is the fact that those  poor people in New York and New Jersey have not yet recovered from Sandy.  How are they going to fight this?   Please send all your good thoughts to them and be ready to help if you can.
 
 
********
 
 
I hope everyone keeps warm and safe.
 
 
In the meantime .... keep it simple and make it real.
 
 
Jeanne

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment