Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe


Alice Springs Chicken a la
Outback Steakhouse
 
 
 
I have been following "Blog Chef" for quite awhile.  A few times a week a recipe appears in my e-mail.  All that I have tried have been fantastic.  He does a lot of Mexican food which I have never tried because neither CH nor I really like it.  But, if it is anything like his other recipes it has to be great.
 
I will post the recipe below.  Please go to Blog Chef for detailed instructions and more pics.
 
He forgot to list the chicken in his recipe but it calls for four boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I used chicken thighs because that is what I had on hand.  I did not use the Monterey Jack cheese because CH doesn't really do cheese.
 
Ingredients:
½ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup honey
1 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
2 tablespoons butter
salt
pepper
paprika
8 slices bacon (cooked until crispy)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons fresh parsley (finely chopped





I hope you try it and enjoy it.

Today.... keep it real and make it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment