Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Made in America

Last night ABC News had a segment named "Made in America".  The report highlighted the shopping trend this holiday season that did not seem to include buying American-made products.  As small proof of this point, the reporter stopped shoppers on NewYork streets and asked to see if their purchases were made in America.  They were not.  That is not to say that the next 15 shoppers walking down the street would be the same - but you know what I mean.

It was stated that if "each American spends $64 on U.S. items this holiday season, they'd create 200,000 jobs".  I am not sure how this is computed but it has something to do with the multiplier effect.  This ecomonic formula is defined as what happens when one person's spending becomes someone else's income and some of the second person's income is subsequently spent - and so on down the line.

O.K. - I have just crossed the line from having some idea of what I am talking about to not knowing what I am talking about at all - economics.  The point I am trying to make is that I think it would benefit everyone if there were more "Made in America" purchases.  I also believe that we should support local businesses as they are a big part of the structure of our local communities.

See what you can do.  It is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment