Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lazy Sunday

An American of the present day reading his Sunday newspaper in a state of lazy collapse is one of the most perfect symbols of the triumph of quantity over quality that the world has yet seen.
Irving Babbitt


CH and I are just hanging out this afternoon.  We are flipping between the NASCAR race and football games on t.v.  I occasionally get off the couch because I remember another item I want to add to the yard sale stuff.  If I do not get it immediately and put it with the other stuff I will forget about it in two minutes.  That short term memory loss thing can be a killer!

The community in which my mother-in-law lives is having a big joint yard sale next Saturday.  Because of deed restrictions, individuals may not hold their own sales.  What the residents have done is worked with a local church to hold the sale in their parking lot.  The church keeps the proceeds from the sale of the spaces and the residents get to unload their stuff.  Win-win situation.

My mother-in-law does not have any yard sale stuff so I am taking her place.  This sale should have pretty good traffic because it is on a main state road and the parking lot is large.  Plenty of easy parking for buyers and the church will also sell food.  Perfect!  I can sell things and eat!  What a combo!

If I remember to take my camera I will post whatever pics I have.  I was thinking that because her community is for people over 55 years of age, I doubt if there will be any kids or baby items.  Probably some good stuff, though, if the people haven't cleaned out their closets in a while.  We shall see!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment