Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Wok My Way!

“I like Chinese
I like Chinese
Their food guaranteed to please
A fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees”
Monty Python



I am a Chinese food fan! I absolutely love the stuff! It is my go to celebration food, comfort food and everyday food. It took me quite some time, after moving to Florida from New England, to become accustomed to and enjoy the Chinese food prepared here. There is no such thing as a crunchy chicken wing where I come from. That did not stop me, however, from tasting, tasting, tasting. I now love Florida Chinese food.

Because I am cheap (frugal) I now prefer to cook Chinese at home. This also allows me to use the ingredients of my choosing. To this end I search out recipes and usually tweak to my liking and taste. I offer this great, delicious, easy crock pot Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe.

Ingredients
              16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp sweet & sour sauce
1 cup pineapple chunks in juice
1 1/2 cups Asian stir fry vegetables
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
3 tsp brown sugar

Directions
Cut the raw chicken breast into bite sized pieces.
Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
Add chicken, garlic powder and onion powder; stir.
Stir in sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks in juice and brown sugar.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Add frozen vegetables during the last 30 minutes of cooking and cook on high.
 

Enjoy!    ta la iontach

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment