Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Silver Flatware

My mother-in-law gave us  eight place settings of sterling silver flatware before Christmas.  She is CH's stepmother - his father's widow.  The flatware goes back to his mother.  It is a sweet gift for him because it brings back nice memories.


I just put the flatware aside until I had some time to look at it closely and decide what to do with it.  That happened yesterday.  The pieces needed some cleaning up.  I went to the tips on uses for baking soda and used the stuff to clean and polish it up. 

I made a paste of three parts baking soda to one part water and rubbed it onto the silver with a clean cloth. I then rinsed all the pieces thoroughly and dried.  Beautiful!!  

I am now going to try this on some bracelets that need some cleaning.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment