Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cookin' Corn



Although I have been preparing meals for a long, long time, I always want to learn new ways. Thanks to friends I have just learned two different methods for cooking corn on the cob.  Best thing is that they are easy.

The first method comes from my friend, Karen from New England, who was given this from her friend, Jean.  Jean told Karen that she found it in Prevention Magazine and she swears by it.  Was that too much information?  Anyway, take a look.



Just cut silk off top, do not peel corn. place in microwave for 3.5 min on high; take out and let set on counter for 4-5 min to finish cooking.

Could that be any easier?


Take a look at the next one.  This was posted on the facebook page of my friend, Linda.  I met Linda through my pal, Kathy, who picks up trash as she takes walks.  Remember?  You probably don't care but I do.


Throw the corn in the oven at 350° for 25-30 minutes. That’s it. Leave the husk on, it will trap in the moisture, leaving you with juicy, tender corn. The husk and silk will peel away easily once it’s cooked. Cut off the large end and it slides right out with no silk.


This one is just as easy as the first, it just takes a bit longer and heats up the kitchen.

You pick and go forth and cook corn.


Meanwhile .... keep it simple and make it real.

Jeanne










No comments:

Post a Comment