Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy

The topics of today's post are not at all related but they don't have to be.  The odd way my brain works (works?) has me wandering the web in no particular direction and thus selecting topics that interest me and, hopefully, interest you.


The freebie offered today is a site that lists many, many restaurants giving free meals, desserts, etc. on your birthday.


I had trouble with my computer this morning just as I started to write this post.  I cannot write that now.

What I have to say to you is to give your kids and grandkids the biggest hugs you can.  This crazy world has erupted again with many young lives lost.  Be thankful that your kids are o.k. 

My stepdaughter teaches in an elementary school ten miles from the Sandy Hook Elementary School.  Because it was thought that there was the possibility of another shooter on the loose, her school was locked down.  Until she called us she did not know what was being reported about the number of deaths.  She is trying to keep her cool so that her students will remain calm.  From the reports of how the faculty managed to get all those kids to safety - well - don't ever let me hear anyone say that teachers are paid well enough!  Their training and dedication brought those kids through it all.  They deserve heartfelt thanks for taking care of all those kids where the shooting happened and in the other schools that were locked down.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment