Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Kahlua Chicken & Aluminum Foil

I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, heat and food on the table.

Yes, the title of today's post is a bit off but I keep forgetting to tell you about the aluminum foil so I added it today while I remembered.

This is a pic of my dryer with a ball of aluminum foil inside.




This is a pic of freshly laundered towels with a ball of aluminumm foil on top (for effect).


I read somewhere that a ball of aluminum foil is a perfect substitute for dryer sheets or liquid fabric softener.  Always willing to try something new (and cheap), I threw the foil ball in with my next load and ........  it works wonderfully!!
There is none of that slight residue as with dryer sheets, everything was soft and just as wrinkle-free.  I have no idea how this works but it does.  I have used the foil ball for about ten loads of laundry and it is going strong.  I will let you know when I have to replace it.  I am so pleased that I am almost giddy (almost giddy - I am not really the giddy type).  I hope you try it.

************************************************

Now, let's move on to FOOD!  Yesterday I was going through my pantry to make a shopping list and found a small bottle half full of Kahlua way in the back of one of the sliding shelves.  I opened it and it smelled o.k. and thought that there really wasn't enough in it to serve anyone a special drink.  I went on the internet and found a recipe for Kahlua Chicken by Dixie Chik Cooks.  Since I had all the ingredients, I made it.  Wow!!  It was delicious.  I used a countertop grill to prepare it.  Quick and easy.  As CH said, "This is a keeper!" 

Because I did not have a post in mind while I prepared the recipe I did not take any pics.  I am using the pic from her site.

Here goes!



Kahlua Chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup Kahlua

1/2 cup soy sauce

3 tbsp red wine vinegar

1 tsp ginger

1 tbsp cornstarch

Whisk together the Kahlua through cornstarch and put in a medium size sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and whisk until consistency thickens – should only take a minute or two.

Trim chicken of any fat . Poke holes in the chicken using a fork, then put in a large plastic bag. Pour in the marinade, seal and flip it around a couple of times to make sure it’s coated. Refrigerate and let it marinate for a couple of hours. Even if you don’t have time to marinate it that long, it will still be good. Preheat grill to medium. Grill for a few minutes on each side, until done all the way through.

It is soooooo good.  I served it with chinese fried rice and broccoli.  Definitely a keeper!

I referred to a special drink in an earlier paragraph.  In case you are interested, this is the concoction:

                           Large glass
                           1 shot of Kahlua
                           fill glass to 1/2 with milk
                           add scoop of chocolate ice cream
                           add a squirt of chocolate syrup

Mix in a blender or use one of those small hand-held whippers.  This is to die for if you like chocolate. 


I think I should stop writing now or you will never get to do anything else today.  I am so glad you stopped by.  Please come again soon.

And, keep it simple, folks.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment