Thanks for Stopping By!

Welcome to all visitors and new followers. It is great that you have taken the time to read a post or two. Please visit again and continue to keep it simple and make it real.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stainless Steel Shine!

I do not have stainless steel appliances.  However, my neighbor has them all.  I think she would have a stainless steel bed if she could find one.  Walking into her kitchen is like walking into a bright, shining display of diamonds.  I think she is the authority on cleaning stainless steel.  I asked her to write down how she keeps everything so shiny.  She gave me three methods that she uses. Take a look.

First is the use of a microfiber cloth.  She dampens it with water and then wipes down the surface.  She immediately wipes it again with a dry microfiber cloth.  She says she always wipes with the grain.  I did not know that stainless steel has a grain.


Next, she uses rubbing alcohol.  This dissolves oil quickly and leaves no streaks.

Last but not least, she turns to Bar Keepers Friend for the stubborn stains and water spots.  I use this on my glass top stove.  It is a miracle worker.

She also recommends wiping down the surface once a month with a few drops of olive oil.  I guess it repels smudges and dirt.

Now you have it.  Go forth and shine!


Meanwhile .... keep it simple and make it real.

Jeanne  

2 comments:

  1. I use oil on my stainless steel hob, kettle and toaster as well, but veg oil just a drop on kitchen roll wipe it over and then buff it up with a microfibre cloth. Brings them up great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. I will add this to my list. By the way, what is a hob?

      Delete