Coming to the end of a year has always made me think back about what happened and what impact was made. I can't change anything that happened but if I reflect a bit there may be some lessons learned. This remembering stuff is not that easy at "senior-citizenry central" so I do not do much reflecting.
Starting a new year is a completely different thing. I have new opportunities to experience things that make me laugh, educate me, serve me and entertain me. I do not make resolutions because I do not like to be committed to a "to do" list. I just fly by the seat of my pants.
I found a list of items that were written with the purpose of writing things one would want their children to know about them. Doing things for posterity is fine but I found the list to be a great look inside oneself. How better to move forward in a new year that to find out who we are now? I am going to work on this list for myself and it my kids find it after I die, all the better.
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language? 29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
source: Hopes and Dreams
Let me just say that #27 is going to very hard to answer.
I hope the list will prove to be helpful and a little inspiring. See what happens!!
Today .... keep it simple and make it real.